Kennedy at Seminary

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

2...1...Yes!

The most important thing going on right now is that Kelly, my sister, had surgery to remove her gallbladder. Without giving many details (because I want to keep this blog from becoming too personal), I ask that you please pray for her continued recovery. She's recovering, but it's not easy.

Second, and very secondary, is the finals of the intramural basketball playoffs. As you may know, I sprained my ankle and have been struggling with tendinitus in my other foot. I've been icing my feet every night for more than a month. I would have loved to take it easy and rest the feet, but we were aiming for a basketball championship. I had been working my way back for about a month. It was worth it to play in the championship game. I played almost the entire game. As a team, we weren't our sharpest, but we played as hard as we possibly could. I sent the team a recap after the game last night:

"Because of a gutsy comeback and a miracle shot by Kevin Hintze, we're champs again! In the championship game today against a great Two Bears team, we trailed the whole game. We got aggressive toward the end of the first half to trim their lead to four at halftime. They continued to play well and had us down 38-32 with about four minutes left. We tied the score at 38 with a minute to go. After we wound the clock down, they stole the ball and called timeout with eight seconds. Aaron Hutton on their team raced downcourt and drew a foul with two seconds. He made the first free throw and missed the second. We called timeout. From the other side of halfcourt, Pat Niles inbounded the ball to Hintze well behind the three-point line. Hintze took one dribble and launched a shot. Buzzer. Swish! 40-39 Geckos! I didn't think anything could top the drama of the football season, but I was wrong. Incredible effort. What a game."

2 Comments:

  • Yelsssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 AM  

  • Go cousin Kevin!!! Yes, there is talent in the Frank family. Congrats to your team and their teamwork. Please tell Kevin I think he's great!!

    By Blogger Emily, at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home