Kennedy at Seminary

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Drip, Drip, Drip


Today was an ugly day outside. Rainy. Dreary. Dark. Yuck. But at least it wasn't too cold. Only about 50.

The ankle continues to heal. The tendinitus in the other foot is a pain, but let's not get into that. I'm icing both feet right now, as is my evening ritual.

My intramural team, the Geckos, surprisingly made it to the volleyball playoffs. We started the season 0-2, losing badly in both games. We improved a lot this season. Even though we only finished 3-4, we won a four-way tie for the fourth and final playoff spot based on our head-to-head record against the other 3-4 teams. Basketball playoffs are a week from Tuesday. As a team, we're going to see the b-ball movie Glory Road on Friday as a community-building, motivational activity.

I'm excited about my class schedule for next quarter. I registered Tuesday. I got Systematics III (Holy Spirit, living a Christian life, sacraments, the Word of God, End Times); Pastor as Educator (we spend three of the 10 weeks teaching religion class at a Lutheran elementary school); Isaiah and the Prophets (my last core class requiring knowledge of Hebrew!); Studies in Creation; and the Gospel in C.S. Lewis' writings. The last two are electives. Both should be a lot of reading, but I think the subject matter will be very interesting.

The weekend is halfway over. Sigh. Hope your weekend has been good.

3 Comments:

  • I told Chris Winkler in an e-mail the seminary sort of reminded me of what I envision prison ministry to be like. I hope that may put a smile on your face. I went to a funeral today and that put a few things in perspective. It is amazing how more pressing and emotional things outside of yourself can move you foward out of a rut. Thanks for you note however. Until the next rainy day--I hope you are feeling better as well.

    By Blogger MD, at 2:25 PM  

  • Christopher,

    Thanks for posting on my blog, man. Good to hear from you. I'll bookmark your blog as well:-)

    Carey D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 PM  

  • You can always come to Taiwan, since it is close to being the same Climate as Cuba, very few days stay rainy. Hope all is well man, I am crawling out of the dark ages of not checking crapola, and hope for a renewed...something as I try to stay in contact.
    Still playing any ball you wirey skinny punk?

    Peace

    By Blogger Samuel, at 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home