Kennedy at Seminary

Saturday, December 17, 2005

On the go


I'm typing this at home in Arlington. I arrived home less than an hour ago after the 11-hour drive from St. Louis. Only one wrong turn on the drive home, coming on I-35 as I approached I-30 in Dallas.

I'm getting up at 4:30 tomorrow to go on a ski trip to Winter Park, Colorado, with the young adult group at my home church. I've never been skiing before. Should be a lot of fun. I'm taking wagers on how many times I'll fall down.

Classes this quarter have been pretty interesting. In Religious Bodies of America, we study denominations and cults. We have to do 1,000 pages of supplemental reading on a religious body. I'm reading about Southern Baptists. I know a lot of Baptists. I'm always intrigued by mega-churches, which tend to be Baptist or to be based on Baptist theology. And a lot of the culture of Texas Christianity and popular Christianity in America is of a Baptist understanding.

I ate a tasty egg and cheese biscuit at Hardee's on the drive home. I noticed on a customer survey that the term "fast food" is going out of style. The current term is "quick service," as in "quick service food" or "quick service restaurant." Sounds classier, doesn't it? But I'm not fooled. It's still fast food. I also had a good chicken sandwich at Hardee's a couple weeks ago. I recommend Hardee's based on those two experiences.

Thanks for reading. I know I need to update more often. It's amazing; I'm away from seminary for not even a day, and I already feel myself becoming more in touch with the real world.

1 Comments:

  • Ahhh Texas! Home sweet home ... it was -10 with -34 wind chill this morning in Minnesota!

    By Blogger Emily, at 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home