Kennedy at Seminary

Friday, December 23, 2005

Back from skiing

We got back to Arlington yesterday. Let it be written: I stink at skiing. However, I went with a fun group, which lessens the sting of wiping out eight million times.

My favorite activity during the ski trip was probably a murder mystery game we played one evening. Each person was assigned a character. Then, every 30 minutes or so, we were given clues about ourselves that we had to reveal to everyone. We also were given clues that we should keep to ourselves. We spent the evening talking to each other as our characters trying to get information about each person. I almost guessed the right murderer, but I changed my mind right at the end. The game had weird twists. We ended up with people turning out to be an alien, a werewolf, and a cross-dresser. My character liked to kill people and hide them in another person's backyard. The best part of the game was insulting each other's characters. We could be rude but no feelings were hurt because we weren't really insulting the other person, just the character.

You can tell I'm at home by the fact that I'm writing a semi-detailed entry. I wish I would do this more at sem. Something about being connected to real life again motivates me to post.

I got up early today and wrote my Christmas Day sermon. I'll have to post it after I preach it. I have tonight, all day tomorrow, and Sunday morning to memorize it.

I did my Christmas shopping today. For someone who usually works ahead on most projects, being a last-minute shopper must be the procrastinator in me trying to get out.

2 Comments:

  • I am glad you liked the sermon. It was preached a little diffrently than what was posted. Nothing is ever set in stone until you have preached it. I am sort of jealous that you got to go skiing even though you suck at it. I haven't been in 4+ years and for a while I used to go every year. |sigh| -- Hope your Christmas was nice.

    By Blogger MD, at 7:18 PM  

  • Hmmm ... I love skiing!! Seth and I have season passes to a place up here called Afton. It's so fun! But I miss Colorado skiing.

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home