Kennedy at Seminary

Monday, January 23, 2006

81

Kobe Bryant scored 81 points last night. I seriously had trouble getting to sleep last night because I was so befuddled by an NBA player scoring 81.

I went for a jog last night for the first time in exactly three weeks. The temperature was in the 30s, but I didn't care. It felt great to get some fresh air, clear my head, and test out the foot. It felt fine afterward. I'm looking forward to playing intramural basketball tomorrow. I won't be as effective as usual, but I need to get back into a rhythm before the playoffs.

We second-year students register for classes tomorrow. I hope I get the classes I want. If not, I'm sure whatever I end up with will be fine.

I'm typing this as I'm waiting for my dinner to settle so I can go for another exciting jog. My typical route is about three miles. I go down one main street, through the campus of nearby Washington University, and back up two more main streets to return to the sem campus. Another chilly night, but I'm dying for the exercise.

Thanks for reading. God's blessings.

3 Comments:

  • Hmmm ... the beauty of the seminary campus ... I miss that!

    By Blogger Emily, at 6:59 AM  

  • You should've titled this entry "81*" like the Roger Maris movie "61*". I would give it the * because Kobe nicknamed himself "Mamba," and that pretty much removed any credibility he otherwise had. Seriously, what nickname would you rather have: Mamba or Air Jordan?
    Plus, I could still take him in one-on-one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 AM  

  • I've never scored 81 points in one game. My record is 6, and that was on a good day. So what classes did you end up getting? The world is dying to know who you have Systems III with. Also, your a man for jogging in 30 degree weather. Anything below 70 is just too cold for me. enjoy sem for me!

    By Blogger josh, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home