Kennedy at Seminary

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Crawfish

Well, a month later I finally post again.

The Super Bowl was OK Sunday. I was glad the Colts won. I was pulling for Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy. Both are classy guys who deserved a win. The highlight of my Super Bowl Sunday was eating crawfish for the first time. Often, I have lunch after church with a family from New Orleans. They're very kind to have me over, and they make great food. I had heard gross things about crawfish, but it turned out that I liked them a lot. Very flavorful. You do a lot of work to get to a small amount of meat, but it was fun filling up a tray of the little creatures and ripping them apart. Boy, that sounds evil. I just mean the process of eating them was new and exciting.

Last Thursday I got to visit a little buddy of mine in the children's hospital in Houston's medical district. The medical district is cool. There are so many hospitals. I rode the railway there from a church parking lot. The children's hospital is an amazing place. It's all colorful and lively-looking on the inside. They have an in-house radio station there. The kids can read jokes and talk on the radio. I got to play a racing video game with my friend. It's sad that so many kids are there with terrible health problems. However, I imagine it's a meaningful line of work for the staff and volunteers. I'd love to volunteer there if it wasn't 50 minutes away for me. Maybe at my next church I'll be close to a children's hospital.

And in closing, a funny e-mail I got:
Finally someone has come out with a 100 percent bipartisan political bumper sticker. The hottest selling bumper sticker comes from New York state.
"RUN HILLARY RUN!"
Democrats put it on the rear bumper.
Republicans put it on the front bumper.

2 Comments:

  • That's a funny e-mail.

    I'm not going to lie....those crawfish do not look too tasty to me.

    When do you come back from Vicarage? May?
    Mindy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • I am so glad the Colts won too!

    Tony Dungy is amazing in how he is so bold in his faith and uses his position to share the love of Jesus.

    On you tube there is a video of him at the Super Bowl breakfast, where he basically tells of what the Lord has done and shares the gospel, inviting people to pray and believe in the Lord. Neat stuff.

    That's really cool you going to the children's hospital. I love kids. I bet seeing them so ill would make me choke up though.

    Lastly, yo creo que la comida mira muy buena.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home