Kennedy at Seminary

Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

Where were you?

I was getting ready for school. The news was on TV. A plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I thought, "That's some bad flying." Then, as I was leaving for school, I thought, "I hope China didn't declare war on us." Recently, there had been a controversy after a U.S. plane flew into Chinese airspace or vice versa or something. Us versus another big country could have been World War III/Armageadon. Instead, we have this ongoing war on terror. Not much better.

While sitting in biology lab at UT-Arlington, I learned that the towers had crumbled to the ground and the Pentagon had been struck. After class was cancelled, I heard the radio reports that the president was in hiding and America was under attack.

The freakiest part about 9/11? For me, it was footage of people jumping out of the WTC to their death.

Thanks to policemen and firefighters.

John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

2 Comments:

  • The China thing made me chuckle =).

    I remember getting ready for school and waiting for my friend to pick me up. We had zero period so it was early in the morning and at that time my family was living with my grandma, so she was the only other person up watching the news. She called me over I saw the frist tower in flames, but the news was in spanish. I couldn't understand and my grandma wasn't too sure what was going on, so I assumed that some plane just hit the building, something malfunctioned. And then at school I heard what was really going on.

    Piece of random information: Kelly and I really love our beer mugs!!! We use them everyday!!!...Of course we drink water =).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 AM  

  • Hey Chris!

    Nice post! I had been getting a little turned off by the 9/11 stuff last Monday until I went to Dr. Meyer's class that day and we discussed how much that day has impacted our worldview (see my blog post for more if you want). I think that our country has forgotten too much of what has happened on that day.

    Anyway, changing topics, I don't know if you knew this or not (you probably did), but your room from last year got changed to an office. It's weird for me when I walk to see it set up like that. I hope all is going well, and talk to you later!

    By Blogger CCM Rocker, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home