Kennedy at Seminary

Monday, June 12, 2006

2-0


Let's go, Mavericks! Two wins away from an NBA championship.

Work as a chaplain intern at St. Louis University Hospital is going fine. It's challenging, but I'm learning a lot. I'm preaching a sermon at my field work church next weekend. I'm talking about my hospital experiences in the sermon. I'll plan to post the sermon after I preach it.

I'm about to go for a six-mile jog through Forest Park, a huge park real close to the sem. If you ever want to see how far you walk or jog, check out mapmyrun.com. The site can be difficult, but it's cool knowing the milage of your route.

I wish I could think of more to talk about. Most of my life this summer has been the hospital job. Once I'm done with work for the day, I usually don't want to talk about it. I try to leave the hospital work at the hospital. It's not the type of thing I want to think about much.

I'm involved in getting a young adult group at my field work church off the ground. Our first Bible study is tomorrow. We had more than 30 people at a cookout three Tuesdays ago. There seems to be enough interest to have a good program. I expect tomorrow to be a great time.

It's getting dark. Time to get started on that jog.

2 Comments:

  • I am looking forward to reading your sermon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:35 AM  

  • Hmm...the Mavericks are STILL 2 wins away from a NBA championship, while the Heat are only 1 game away. Maybe if they weren't such whiners. I'll always say that my Spurs are the classier bunch.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home