Kennedy at Seminary

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Late night and early run

Last night I had two options. Watch the Mavericks game by myself or go see The Da Vinci Code with a group of friends. I wanted to witness the Mavs ousting the evil Spurs from the playoffs (which didn't happen), but I decided I would rather hang out with other people than watch a game solo. The 7:40 showing was sold out by 4:30, so we ended up getting tickets for 9:50. I had a great time with the group. The movie, however, wasn't very good. Too much information crammed into it and weak character development. I think the director needed to pick what was most important from the book and build the movie around that instead of trying to educate (I'm using the term loosely) the public on the entirety of Dan Brown's far-fetched heresy.

I got back from the movie around 1 a.m. I got to bed around 2 ... and got up at 6 a.m. to run a 5K with my buddy Matt. It was at the St. Louis Science Center. Matt told me about it before we saw the movie. I knew getting up would be rough, but I wanted to run another 5K. I've only run one (the seminary-sponsored Faster Pastor in the fall). Matt finished under 18 minutes. He was fourth overall. I was probably 300th overall and

v
e
r
y

s
l
o
w

Still, I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was just disappointed at how slow I was. I won't even tell you my time. It was bad. I guess I was taking it too easy. Next time, mark my words, I'll dominate.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home