Kennedy at Seminary

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Are You Ready for Some Football?


Not much new going on today. I went and bought a couple long-sleeve shirts at Old Navy and some football cleats at Sports Authority. I'm having fun being an intramural captain this year. Fall is football season. My team won 30-13 last week. Our record is 1-1. We lost 14-7 in the first week.
Intramurals at seminary are a big deal. We have a draft at the beginning of the year. We keep the same group of guys throughout the year for every sport. Football, basketball, softball, and volleyball are the major sports. There are minor sports, too, like badminton, foosball, ping-pong, etc. We had to pick a team name from a list of biblical animals. We picked the Geckos. (I have no idea where Geckos appear in the Bible.) Jake, a guy on our team, jokingly suggested that we call Geico and see if they'd sponsor our team. So Landon, who had volunteered to coordinate team T-shirts, called Geico, and they're giving us Geico T-shirts for $3 apiece. We're going to have our names and numbers screen-printed on the back to make official uniforms.
I should read for class before dinner. I have done no homework today. I have 15 pages left in a 215-pager called The Domestication of Transcendence. Yeah.

1 Comments:

  • Ahh gee's ... I would prefere a nice discount on car insurance instead of their T-shirts.

    By Blogger MD, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home