Kennedy at Seminary

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hurricane Relief

Looks like I'll be joining a dozen seminarians heading to Biloxi, Mississippi, to help with hurricane relief next weekend. We'll be gone Friday through Wednesday. The Dean of Students will excuse us from classes. A group of seminarians left last night for Biloxi. I don't know exactly what we're doing there, but I wanted to be a part of it. Should make for good blog posts, at the least. I hope we can be a big help there.
We had our intramural draft this week. That was cool. We keep the same team of guys together for every sport throughout the year. My buddy Josh and I are captains for one of the eight teams. Intramurals are the big extracurricular activity at sem. Being a captain should be a great leadership experience.
Oh yeah, classes started this past week. I've been reading about the Trinity for Systematics I. There was a good quote in the intro of one of the books attributed to St. Augustine: "Anyone who denies the Trinity is in danger of losing her salvation, but anyone who tries to understand the Trinity is in danger of losing her mind." The Trinity is one of the great mysteries of the faith.
I bought a couple posters for my room. One is a close-up of the hands in "God Creates Adam" by Michelangelo. The other is pictured here, "Starlight over Rhone" by Van Gough. I wanted my dorm room to look sophisticated.















Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

  • Hey! Love the new site. Good to see all is well in St. Louis. Tell her hi for me. God Bless.
    Beka

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home