Kennedy at Seminary

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hurricane Relief

Looks like I'll be joining a dozen seminarians heading to Biloxi, Mississippi, to help with hurricane relief next weekend. We'll be gone Friday through Wednesday. The Dean of Students will excuse us from classes. A group of seminarians left last night for Biloxi. I don't know exactly what we're doing there, but I wanted to be a part of it. Should make for good blog posts, at the least. I hope we can be a big help there.
We had our intramural draft this week. That was cool. We keep the same team of guys together for every sport throughout the year. My buddy Josh and I are captains for one of the eight teams. Intramurals are the big extracurricular activity at sem. Being a captain should be a great leadership experience.
Oh yeah, classes started this past week. I've been reading about the Trinity for Systematics I. There was a good quote in the intro of one of the books attributed to St. Augustine: "Anyone who denies the Trinity is in danger of losing her salvation, but anyone who tries to understand the Trinity is in danger of losing her mind." The Trinity is one of the great mysteries of the faith.
I bought a couple posters for my room. One is a close-up of the hands in "God Creates Adam" by Michelangelo. The other is pictured here, "Starlight over Rhone" by Van Gough. I wanted my dorm room to look sophisticated.















Thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

  • Chris,
    I like you're picture by Van Gogh. To me the stars have always been a sort of timeless witness to the reality and awsome nature of God, ever since my father pointed that out to me on a camping trip long ago.
    I appreciate your willingness to go help the people affected by the hurricane disaster. Let me know if you need anything.
    Dave

    By Blogger snowboardingdave, at 6:34 PM  

  • Howdy Chris!
    Yes, I jumped on the blogspot bandwagon, but Xanga is still the blog that I prefer, so my blogspot is not doing much.
    I think it was very brave of you to print your blog address in the church newsletter! I would never do that.
    Yes, the Van Gogh is very sophisticated. *wink* Did you guys have the annual (or is it semi-annual?) poster sale? They're coming to CURF tomorrow. I bought a couple of posters one year, but meh... Posters are hard to pack. It's not worth it to me.
    Blessings on your work in MS! That is great that you're going down there to help out! I'm afraid there isn't a whole lot to do to help around here.
    Say hi to Zion for me when you get a chance!
    Emilie

    By Blogger Miss Emilie, at 7:26 PM  

  • Hey! Love the new site. Good to see all is well in St. Louis. Tell her hi for me. God Bless.
    Beka

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 PM  

  • try my blogsite one more time. its wyodave.blogspot.com
    tell your dad its ok to blog my site, unlike yours....

    Hey, I've gotten training on the sound board at GLCAS. I'm really on the front line now. Jeff even showed me how to create havoc by plugging in a microphone and playing the voice of God to get peoples attention!
    There is some potential humor here, but not in a church service!
    I talked to your dad at lifelite tonight. he's doing well. we are learning about miracles and praying for one right now: my nephew's daughter, Katie, has leukemia, and is not expected to live thru the week. Any healing here would be miraculous. We still are praying for that, but only in God's will....
    hurry back from LA

    By Blogger snowboardingdave, at 7:57 PM  

  • i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

    By Blogger edwardprice06555635, at 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home